In recent times, a prestigious address and location specific telephone number required a heavy monthly commercial rent payment. Every business at the top and those that aspired to get there took great satisfaction in lining the streets of Canary Wharf and Wall Street, as did their clients.
And for the most part, that hasn’t necessarily changed. The most sought after locations are still the most expensive but what if there was a way to receive most of the benefits without the disadvantages?
Enter the Virtual Office
Agile working as it is known, the frequent changing of physical work location, has allowed us to become more flexible in our working patterns than ever. Depending on the nature of our work, gone are the days of having to be chained to a desk for 9 hours a day. Instead, we can locate ourselves as we see fit. A virtual office enhances this way of working by:
- Removing Commuting – A vast amount of time is wasted each year by simply travelling to and from work, not to mention the monetary cost of having to use public transport or your own vehicle. With the ability to work from home or a local coffee shop, that time can now be spent preparing for meetings or getting more work done. You will also reduce your overall monthly travel expenses.
- Productivity – Employees who are able to be more flexible in their working patterns are usually far happier and therefore more productive in their working lives. Increased productivity means more work done in a shorter amount of time, translating to increased profit.
- Improved Health – There aren’t many things more adverse to your health than sitting in front of a desk for 8 hours a day. We were designed to move around so a work life where you’re freely able to move from location to location at will is great for your health.
- Mail and Call Handling – A virtual office will provide you with a business address of your choosing. Depending on where you need to be located, a virtual office in Sydney could handle this for you. This address can be used as a mailing address for clients and staff without the need to have a member of staff present. A dedicated telephone number will also be provided and your calls handled if you wish.
- Reduced Cost – With a virtual office, your operational costs are drastically reduced. Gone are the monthly lease payments, service charges, utility bills and hardware costs. Instead you’re left with a flexible monthly payment and a service that works for you.
- You Can Still Have That Weekly Meeting – Most virtual office services will provide the use of physical on site meeting rooms at additional cost if necessary. That way you’ll still be able to meet with clients and colleagues face to face.
Hopefully the benefits have swayed you and you can embark upon a new way of working. Your company finances and employees might just thank you for it.