In the past few decades, insulated sandwich panels work as a revolutionary solution in the construction industry. These are mainly specialized cladding systems with numerous benefits in internal and external wall partitioning and architectural cladding. These panels include self-supporting components, which serve two parallel purposes, namely thermal insulation and partitioning.
These panels often vary by:
- Core type
- Cladding Colours
- Protective coatings
Every insulated sandwich panel includes several layers known as steel claddings, thermal insulation and coatings that protect from corrosion and mechanical damage. These panels can be distinguished with a complete range of colours, attractive appearances and different types of shaped elements. By installing these panels, it is actually possible to avoid all the additional costs as in the majority of the cases; these don’t need any added refinement both inside and outside.
Here are the main features that make insulated sandwich panels a preferred choice:
- Sound and thermal insulation: The sandwich panels include three layers that are connected by adhesives. Here a thick core layer is sandwiched between two steel metal plates in the outer layers. The thick insulated core located in the centre is made of mineral wool or polyisocyanurate, expanded polystyrene that protects the wall against extreme cold or hot conditions.
- Erection promptness: The lightweight of these panels and the design features like complete factory-assembled help to achieve a high-speed erection. Besides, due to the decrease in the thickness of partitions and walls, it is actually possible to increase the useful areas of any building.
- Lightweight and fast installation: Being a three-layer system, these panels are durable and strong and at the same time lightweight. Therefore, these panels can save considerable weight on the applied structure. Besides, these are easy to transport and install on-site. The lightweight nature of these panels is very important in the fast and efficient installation of the entire system. And therefore it saves both substantial labour cost and project time.
- Durability, versatility, and strength: While it comes to structures, insulated sandwich panels are superior to conventional wood framing, making these less susceptible and more durable to shifting. All credit goes to the durable and strong three-layer system of these panels with thin steel plates and a thick insulating core. Another great thing about the insulated panels can be combined successfully with other types of building materials like block, brick, tiles, stone, wood, slate, glass and steel.
- Energy efficiency and building costs: Buildings that are constructed using sandwich panels are almost 50% more energy-efficient than the traditional alternatives of building framing. Additionally, it is possible to achieve an equal level of U-values with the thinner walls of these panels. And this thing can decrease costs, manpower and material usage further.
In conclusion, it can be said that installing sandwich panels is an effective method of improving the entire construction project starting from estimating the costs accurately and minimizing the use of specialized tools and labour to build the project faster while obtaining great energy-efficiency and insulation.